Watchman Alarms (Scotland) Ltd takes privacy very seriously. This notice explains how we use the personal information you provide us with in relation to your account with us.
What information do we collect about you?
- Contact details – name, address, email address, telephone number
- Service provided – Intruder, Fire, Emergency Lighting, CCTV, Door Access
- Equality information – disability (if any) and any other personal information we may require on an occasional basis for example to allow us access to your property.
How will we use the information we collect?
We need to collect your personal information and we use it to:
- administer and manage our relationship with you
- to process orders from you for goods and services
- to deal with any enquiries we receive from you
- for the purposes of corrective action which may be required in respect of any of the products/services we supply to you
- to comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules
- to notify you of changes to what we do
- for the purposes of recovery of a debt in case of non-payment
How do we look after your information?
We store all of your personal details on a secure server, within the European Economic Area.
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Who do we share your personal information with?
We share your personal information with our suppliers and other third parties where needed to provide you with the best products and services. We also share personal information with regulators and law enforcement.
We are registered with SSAIB and refer all our customers to their website www.SSAIB.org which informs you what they do with your personal data.
How long do we retain your personal information?
We will not keep your personal information longer than is necessary, taking into account information needed for product guarantee or recall purposes, applicable legal requirements and limitation periods.
You have the right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you by making a ‘special access request’.
If you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to request that we correct or complete your personal information.
You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information for specific purposes.
If you wish us to delete your personal information, you may request that we do so.
Any requests received by Watchman Alarms (Scotland) Ltd will be considered under applicable data protection legislation. If you remain dissatisfied, you have the right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk